We are a family oriented, caring school providing an excellent and enjoyable education which enables all children to achieve their full potential.
Aims & Values:
At Stratford St Mary every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to our school. We are very proud of our role in the community, the way children are nurtured and the close partnership we have with each family.
The whole staff team and all pupils are involved in actively promoting key values. These key values are identified each year for their connection to our half termly topics and for coverage of the personal, social and spiritual development programme.
Through promoting values within our school every day we aim to:
- Maintain and promote good behaviour
- Develop pupils’ understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
- Encourage children to demonstrate these values at home and at school.
- Offer opportunities for children to take on roles of increasing responsibility as they move through the school.
- Enable children to focus on the positive aspects of themselves which they can value.
Code of Conduct & School Rules:
Each day at Stratford St Mary, we expect that children
- are ready to learn
- do their best
- are being kind
- are being helpful
- are listening carefully
- use an indoors voice when appropriate
- are playing nicely
Our School rules are :
- We will respect each other and be kind
- We will work hard and always try our best
- We will listen and follow instructions
- We will be sensible when we move around school, to keep safe
- We will respect our environment and equipment, including using the internet safely.
The values (linked to each half termly topic) will be introduced through whole school assembly times; class teachers will then take the opportunity in their class assembly times to further develop discussion and understanding of these values.
Less formal opportunities will also be sought to promote these values such as through playtimes. These values include Responsibility, Courage, Determination, Honesty, Friendship and Respect. These underpin the RE and SEAL programmes, our Behaviour Policy and Collective Worship Policy.
At Stratford St Mary School, we take Safeguarding very seriously. If you have any concerns about a child in school, please contact the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead who is Mrs Karen Bilner or the Alternative Designated Officer who is Miss Rachelle Jones. The Designated Safeguarding Governor is Mrs Janet Coppen.